The Use of e-Gate
- Source：Border Affairs Corps
After successful enrollment, you will be able to use e-Gate in the airports and seaports below during the validity of your passport or R.O.C. (Taiwan) Resident Certificate with multiple re-entry permit:
1. Taipei Songshan Airport
2. Taoyuan International Airport (Terminal 1 & Terminal 2)
3. Taichung International Airport
4. Kaohsiung International Airport
5. Shuitou Port that belongs to Kinmen Domestic Commercial Harbor
6. Keelung Port
How to Use e-Gate
＊If you are not a Resident Certificate holder, it is necessary to complete on-line arrival card before each use upon arrival.
1. To use the e-Gate system, please place your passport/ IC card/ travel document required below firmly on the upper left corner of the scanner at the entrance of an e-Gate. If you use a passport, please ensure the photograph is face down; if you use an IC card, then make sure the photograph is face up. If the passport is in a cover, this needs to be removed beforehand.
(1) Foreign residents: Alien Resident Certificates (ARC) or Alien Permanent Resident Certificates (APRC).
(2) Foreign diplomats or staff of international organizations: Foreign Passports.
(3) Nationals without registered permanent residence in the Taiwan Area: Taiwan Passports.
(4) Hong Kong & Macau residents: R.O.C. (Taiwan) Resident Certificate with multiple re-entry permit.
(5) People of the Mainland China Area: R.O.C. (Taiwan) Resident Certificate with multiple re-entry permit.
(6) Travelers from partner countries in reciprocal use of e-Gate: foreign passports.
2. If the passport/ IC card/ travel document validation is successful, the first set of doors will open. When indicated, please remove the passport/IC card/ travel document and step forward into the booth where facial matching and fingerprint recognition takes place. Please position yourself at a certain distance (there are markings on the floor) looking straight at the camera, and the facial recognition system will match your face to the photograph which was stored in the system when you registered for the e-Gate use. In the meantime, you should remove anything that could obscure your face and make it difficult to be compared and recognized like some types of glasses, hats or masks.
3. In the case where a face modality verification is unsatisfied, you will be required to present your fingerprints for additional verification.
4. You can exit through the second set of glass doors when the biometric process is successful.
5. If for any reason you are not allowed to proceed through the e-Gate, an immigration officer will direct you to a manned immigration counter for inspection.
You will not receive an immigration stamp in your passport or a written notice following your use of the e-Gate. However, if you need an immigration stamp in your passport, please proceed to the NIA service counters for help.