Speedy Immigration Inspection
- Source：System Design Section
2. Foreign businesspeople may speedily clear immigration inspection to enter/exit the State at designated inspection counters if they have been recommended by the local commercial chambers of which they are members, if the Ministry of Economic Affairs has examined and approved such recommendations, if the Ministry of the Interior has entered the list of names of the approved onto the website of the National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of the Interior at www.immigration.gov.tw, and if they:
(1) Have invested over NT$ 50 million in the State;
(2) Have been the executives or the managers of businesses in the State with capital from overseas Chinese or foreigners or of the multinationals who are posted in the State;
(3) Have been employed by local businesses as executives or managers; or
(4) Have made contributions to the economy of the State
The foreign businesspeople set forth in the fourth subparagraph of the preceding paragraph may apply directly to the Ministry of Economic Affairs for recommendations, provided that they have not been recommended by local commercial chambers.
The spouses and lineal relatives of the foreign businesspeople may speedily clear immigration inspection to enter/exit the State at designated inspection counters if they travel with the foreign businesspeople.
3. The register containing the data of foreign businesspeople who have been examined and given approval or have been recommended by the Ministry of Economic Affairs shall be sent to the National Immigration Agency via the Internet. It is then sent online to airports by the National Immigration Agency to be referred to during inspections and it is also entered onto the website www.immigration.gov.tw to be downloaded by applicants who shall submit their passports and the downloaded data for immigration inspection and clearance. The preceding register shall contain English names, dates of birth, sexes, nationalities, ID numbers, passport numbers and dates of expiry.
4. The duration of validity for the approved speedy immigration inspection and clearance of foreign businesspeople shall be one year from the day the data is sent to the National Immigration Agency to be filed; For foreign businesspeople who acquire R.O.C residence status, the duration of validity for speedy immigration inspection is same as their Alien Residence Certificate. an expired approval of speedy immigration inspection and clearance shall not be extended. Instead, a recommendation shall be proposed anew for a new examination and approval. In case foreign businesspeople violate the law of the State or the occurrence of other events leads to the unsuitability of their speedy immigration inspection and clearance, the related competent authorities shall notify the National Immigration Agency to revoke the approvals of their speedy immigration inspection and clearance.
5. The National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of the Interior shall designate special counters to process the speedy immigration inspection and clearance provided for in these Regulations.
- Process of SII Application for Foreign Businesspeople pdf