- In order to attract foreign talents to Taiwan and accord privileged courtesy toward foreign academic or business professionals, the Ministry of the Interior has promulgated Directions for Foreign Nationals Applying for the Business and Academic Travel Card, effective since 1st January 2009.
- The NIA, starting from March 16 of this year (2009), will begin accepting applications submitted by foreigners for the Business and Academic Travel Card. The card is valid for 3 years and its holder can make multiple entry and exit while the card remains valid. Each stay is good for up to 30 days and not extendable.
- Cardholders can, along with their passports, access the fast screening counter at airports. During their stay in Taiwan, the cardholders are permitted to participate in academic and business activities such as fulfilling contracts, giving speeches and performing commercial or technical consultancy.
- A Business and Academic Travel Card cannot have its validity extended after it expires. Once the card has expired, a new card has to be applied for.
- Directions for Foreign Nationals Applying for the Business and Academic Travel Card Application Form Sample Business and Academic Travel Card
- Operation Directions for the Issuance of the Business and Academic Travel Card and the Implementation of Expedited Immigration Clearance
Please refer to the NIA website for more information: http://www.immigration.gov.tw